Who we are
We care about your personal data
BrainTower declares that it complies with Belgian privacy legislation for the processing of personal data, as well as the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation effective from 25 May 2018 onwards (hereinafter GDPR). For further information please check the website of the Belgian privacy authority (https://www.privacycommission.be/nl).
What is meant by processing of personal data?
Personal data are all data relating to a person who is or can be identified directly or indirectly. Processing of personal data involves any kind of operation performed on personal data such as collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration,…
How do we collect your personal data and what personal data do we collect and process?
We collect personal data in various ways and during various occasions, for example during a phone call, when you send us an email or letter, in a meeting, when you visit our website, when we check public available information,…
Data we collect directly:
- To know who you are: name, first name, function,…
- To contact you: telephone number, e-mail address,…
- What education, skills or experience you have, such as the information in your resume
Public data and data that we collect indirectly: This may, for example, concern data that is subject to a duty to publish, such as the publication of your appointment as a director of a company, or data that you yourself have made public, such as information on your website, etc.
Why are these personal data processed and what is the legal basis for the processing?
Depending on the situation BrainTower needs certain information from you in order to offer certain services. The information that BrainTower requests and with which we can identify you is called personal data. Below you can check for each situation why BrainTower requests this personal data and for which purpose your personal data will be used.
Your data will be used for the following purposes as appropriate:
- For contact persons at customers or prospects during a first or later contact with BrainTower:
Your identity and contact details, including all other relevant information necessary to be able to offer our services and/or come to and execute the agreement that you conclude with us in a correct manner
- For suppliers of services and/or goods:
Your identity and contact details, including all other relevant information in order to be able to check your offer, come to and execute the agreement that we conclude with you in a correct manner.
- For project managers/candidate project managers:
Your identity and contact details, including all other relevant information with the aim of finding the best possible match between the customer’s needs and the profile of the candidate interim consultant or project manager, and come to and execute the agreement of interim or project management. This includes your resume, any letter of motivation and notes made during the introductory meeting as well as evaluation forms are processed.
- For employees / candidate employees:
Your identity and contact details, including all other relevant information in order to see if we have a job opportunity for you in our company, to come to and execute a labour agreement that we conclude with you in a correct manner.
- For the purpose of direct marketing (i.e. newsletters):
the above mentioned information, after your explicit consent (opt-in)
- Other :
If you contact us, your identity and contact details, including all other relevant information for the purpose of our communication
We also collect and process data in order to fulfil any legal obligations to which we are subject or to persue our legitimate interests within the limits of GDPR.
The personal data that is collected is processed administratively and accountably.
If you do not want your personal data processed, it is not possible to perform the services for which you are contractually connected.
What are your rights?
At all times, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- Right of access and inspection
- Right to improvement, removal and limitation
- Right of resistance
- Right of data transfer: You have the right to obtain your personal data processed by us in a structured, standard and machine-readable form and / or transfer it to other responsible persons.
- Right of withdrawal of consent:
Insofar as the processing is based on your prior consent, you have the right to withdraw that permission.
If you no longer want to receive our mailings, newsletters, you can opt out via the opt out link in the mailing/newsletter or by e-mail to GDPR@braintower.com
Exercising your rights:
You can exercise your rights by emailing to GDPR@braintower.com or by sending us a letter at 2850 Boom, Bassinstraat 12A;
Commission for protection of personal data
Drukpersstraat 35, 1000 Brussel
+32 (0)2 274 48 00
+32 (0)2 274 48 35
Your personal data will be kept as long as necessary for our services to you or your services to us. Personal data of client prospects or candidate-projectmanagers or employees will be kept as long as they are deemed relevant for offering our services or filling a job application.
Transfer to third parties:
Your personal data will not be sold, nor rented, distributed or otherwise commercially made available to third parties
Your personal data will not be transferred to third parties, except:
- To our successors and other actual ore future affiliated companies of BRAIN TOWER on the same grounds and for the same purposes as mentioned above
- When this is necessary for the fulfilment of our services on the same grounds and for the same purposes as mentioned above
- When transfer is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject
- For payroll or tax administration
- When it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are party
For project managers/candidate project managers:
Some of the personal data that we process from you may be passed on to third parties. It concerns the following data:
- Your CV anonymously (only a first name) i.e. when we – after your approval – send your profile to our customer
- When BrainTower has entered into a contractual agreement with you in the context of an interim or project management assignment that you will exercise with one of our clients:
your name and first name, your date of birth, your telephone number, your e-mail address and any other relevant information.
Security and confidentiality:
We have developed and adapted security measures in order to technically and organizationally prevent the destruction, loss, forgery, alteration, unauthorized access or notification by mistake to third parties, of collected personal data as well as any other unauthorized processing of these data.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you turn cookies off, some features will be disabled. It won’t affect the user’s experience that make your site experience more efficient.